WELCOME TO APICONSULT
THE AFRICAN BEEKEEPING RESOURCE CENTRE
The purpose of this web site is to assist the development of beekeeping in Africa through sharing information appropriate to African beekeeping amongst those involved in beekeeping on the continent and beekeepers throughout the world.
We aim to share knowledge, ideas, create linkages and friendships. We believe that knowledge sharing is a two way …read more on African bees...
- Shop at the Apiconsult Beekeeping Book Store
- African Bee Survey – Click Here
- African Beekeeping Merchandise – Click Here
- Sign the Apiconsult Guestbook – click here
- Problems with your beekeeping? Send us your question free no cost
- Join our discussion forum on African beekeeping
- Contact us by email (Post/telephone contacts below)
- Read an Apiconsult newsletter (June/July 2012)
- Read the January 2013 newsletter edition
- Article: reflections on beekeeping in tropical Africa
- Watch a short video on handling African bees in a KTBH type top bar hive
- Advice for development agencies promoting beekeeping in Africa
- Advice on how to handle African bees
- Article on Varroa mites in Africa
A simple observation hive made for the Kenya Top Bar Hive with two glass sides and a mesh wire lid for viewing bees. A great resource for teaching students about bees and to draw the crowds at shows and field days. Read More
Training the community on beekeeping - Somalia. Note the traditional log hive and the more modern movable comb Kenya Top Bar Hive on display. Beekeeping in Somalia is a predominantly male activity although a number of wo Read More
Beautiful fresh honeycomb
Cleanly harvested honeycomb from a Kenya Top Bar Hive in a clean lid-covered bucket. Note few bees in the bucket as the bees were brushed off during harvesting and the lid was placed on the bucket. Read More
© Copyright Apiconsult 2015. All rights reserved.